The attorneys of David Di Pietro & Associates understand the unique business challenges faced by companies during all phases of growth and have provided counsel to businesses at all stages of development, from start up to expansion to sale. Because of their work with a number of fast-growing Florida companies, our attorneys have a deep understanding of the entrepreneur’s need for comprehensive legal services, prompt response, and alternative / flexible fee structures.
For start-up companies, our firm provides counsel regarding appropriate formation structures; minority business issues; compliance with state and federal legislation; initial funding and contracts and negotiation with clients, vendors and employees. As companies grow, the firm offers advice regarding alternative financing methods, property acquisitions, business development, trademark and copyrights, sale and dispute resolution.
David Di Pietro & Associates’ entrepreneurial business services go beyond entity choice and business formation to help clients grow and develop their companies for long-term success. Our general counsel services include:
- Entity choice (limited directorship, limited liability company, family limited directorship, S-corporation, C-corporation, etc.)
- Acquisitions, mergers and sales
- Business succession plans
- Employment-practices concerns, including Family Medical Leave Act, Title VII, ADA and Florida Human Rights Act
- Environmental liability issues
- ERISA/retirement plan advice and compliance
- Commercial real estate transactions, including lease activities and property acquisitions
- Contract negotiations with vendors and other parties
- Financing issues, including those related to start-up and expansion capital, tax-exempt financing, asset-backed financing and industrial revenue bonds
- Government contracts and minority-business issues
- Governmental affairs and lobbying
- Independent contractor and employee options
- Insurance matters
- Intellectual property issues, including copyright, patents, service marks and trademarks
- Litigation, including personal injury defense, wrongful termination, negligence and administrative matters
- Products-liability cases
- Tax planning
- Trade regulations
- Zoning issues
In addition to normal business issues, companies face challenges related to employment practices, compensation, environmental liability, personal injury or contract disputes. As a multi-disciplinary firm, David Di Pietro & Associates has the professional staff and resources to address these questions and provide clients with a full range of services. In that regard, our business lawyers often work with members of the firm’s tax, banking and finance, insurance, real estate, environmental, governmental and litigation practices to develop the integrated, innovative and cost-effective strategies our clients’ need.