David Di Pietro is a nationally recognized trial litigation lawyer and former prosecutor who regularly appears on FOX News, CBS News, and other major networks to provide expert legal analysis.
David Di Pietro on Fox discussing the 10 billion dollar J&J pharmaceutical lawsuit
David focuses his legal practice in the areas of complex commercial and business litigation, probate litigation, trust litigation, medical malpractice, guardianship law, health care law wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury, medical device litigation and election law. David is an experienced and aggressive trial attorney that has tried over fifty (50) jury trials and numerous bench trials. David is also a member of the Trial Lawyers and Health Law Sections of the Florida Bar.
David began his career as an Assistant State Attorney with the Broward State Attorney’s Office. As an Assistant State Attorney, David gained invaluable legal and trial experience. Further, as a prosecutor, David handled serious criminal cases ranging from trafficking in illegal narcotics to attempted murder on a law enforcement officer.
After leaving the Broward State Attorney’s Office, David joined a prestigious law firm in Fort Lauderdale. During this time, David represented individuals and businesses in a variety of business related matters in state and federal courts, including those involving contractual claims, temporary injunctions, permanent injunctions, fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, real estate, construction disputes, shareholder disputes and derivative actions. Furthermore, David represented individuals in personal injury, legal malpractice, elder exploitation, and guardianship disputes.
David previously served as Chairman of the North Broward Hospital District (Broward Health) – one of the 10th largest health systems in the U.S. Further, Governor Mitt Romney appointed David Chairman of his Broward County Presidential Election Committee. David previously served as general counsel for the Broward Republican Executive Committee. David currently serves as Chairman of the Young at Art Museum.
David is a lifelong resident of South Florida. He received his Bachelor of Science from Florida State University’s College of Business with a major in finance. David graduated cum laude from Nova Southeastern University’s College of Law. David is admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts as well as all Federal Courts for Florida’s Southern and Middle District.
David regularly appears on Fox News, Fox Business, CBS News, the Law and Crime Network and other national television news shows as a legal commentator.
Attorney David Di Pietro appeared on Newsmax TV to discuss the circumstances surrounding the release…
Attorney and former prosecutor David Di Pietro reappeared on Newsmax TV to discuss the ongoing…
Attorney and former prosecutor David Di Pietro appeared on CourtTV to discuss the nomination of…
David Di Pietro appeared on the Fox Business Network to discuss a recent 5 million…
Cable Snaps on Slingshot Ride in Panama City Beach David Di Pietro was asked to…
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar
- S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- S. Bankruptcy Court Middle Florida
- S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- S. Bankruptcy Court Southern Florida
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. cum laude
- Florida State University, College of Business
- Major: Finance
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Rising Star, 2010 – Superlawyers.com
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Mitt Romney for President, Inc.’s Broward County Election Delegation, Chairman
- Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- Health Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- Broward Republican Executive Committee, Committeeman
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- State Attorney, Assistant, 2005 – 2008
- Broward Republican Executive Committee, Former General Counsel
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Former Chairman, North Broward Hospital District (Broward Health)
- Former Board Member, Broward Days
- Young at Art Museum, Chairman